Before patients can be seen in our office, a COVID-19 questionnaire must be completed. Click the link below.
YES, We’re Open!
It goes without saying that our world has been through a lot in 2020!
While our “new normal” is a bit different, our mission and vision remain the same: to create beautiful, healthy smiles that last a lifetime!
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. Our infection-control processes allow you to receive orthodontic care in a safe and comfortable environment. Before reopening our office back in May, we carefully considered and prepared for all of the new recommendations surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are committed to keeping you and your family safe. For your peace of mind, please know that our team is screened just like our patients to ensure that they are healthy each day before seeing patients. Team members are sent home if they exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19.
Changes You Can Expect
We ask that you join us in adopting these new practices:
- With each appointment reminder text message, you will receive a link to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire. This must be completed prior to arriving at your appointment. We ask that you complete this questionnaire the day before your appointment to avoid any wait time when you arrive at our office.
- Please bring your own mask (fabric masks are fine) to wear at your appointment. You will not be seen without a mask. You should keep your mask on until the assistant instructs you to remove it for your procedure. After the procedure is finished, you should replace your mask while the assistant finishes charting and as you walk back through our reception room to leave the office.
- We ask that the patient enter the building alone for their routine visits. We encourage parents to wait in the car. However, if a parent wants to be present, we will allow one parent to accompany their child into the reception room. They will also be required to wear a mask and complete a COVID-19 questionnaire. Additional family members must remain in the car.
- When you arrive in our parking lot, please stay in your car. Text us when you arrive for your appointment at (402) 330-1152. We will text you back acknowledging your arrival and alert Dr. Igel that you are here. As soon as a chair is available, we will text the patient to come in.
- You will be greeted at the door to get your temperature taken, sanitize your hands and rinse your mouth. If your temperature is above 100.4 degrees F, you will not be seen and will have to reschedule.
- Our toothbrushing sinks are currently closed, so please brush your teeth before you come.
- At the conclusion of your appointment, we will inform the patient of what we did that day. We will also call the parent with an update. If your child has a cell phone, please send them in with it, and they can call you after the appointment so we can give you an update. If your child does not have a cell phone, be sure they know the phone number you want us to call you at.
- Once you have been given an update on the day’s appointment, we will schedule your next appointment.
We Can Do This
We believe that what we do every day has a positive impact on our patients’ lives, and we look forward to not only taking care of our existing patients but also seeing new patients. We see no reason for COVID-19 to stand in the way of our ability to do our work or our patients’ desires to have beautiful, healthy smiles that they are proud of!
Virtual Appointments Are Available
We understand that some patients may not be comfortable coming to our office yet or that life is just too busy. No matter the reason, a VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT may be the right fit for you! We are here to help!
Routine adjustment appointments do not always require a wire change and therefore can be done virtually. Additionally, things like retainer checks, aligner progress checks, expander checks, and evaluating a patient’s growth and development before they have even started treatment can be done virtually! Virtual appointments start with the patient submitting pictures of their teeth. Click HERE for more information on scheduling your next appointment as a virtual appointment!
We will miss all of the handshakes, the high-fives and even the occasional hugs that we are accustomed to in our practice. Please know that we are smiling huge smiles behind our masks and that we can’t wait for the day when these precautions are no longer necessary!
See you soon!
Dr. Kort Igel and Team