Yes, We’re Open!
It goes without saying that our world has been through a lot since the start of the pandemic in 2019! While our “new normal” is a bit different, our mission remains the same: to create beautiful, healthy smiles that last a lifetime!
We are committed to keeping you and your family safe. Infection control has always been a top priority, and these processes allow you to receive orthodontic care in a safe and comfortable environment.
Changes You Can Expect
- Everyone who enters the building will be required to wear a mask.
- We do ask that you provide your own mask, due to worldwide supply shortages. Fabric masks are acceptable.
- Patients must keep their masks on until the assistant instructs them to remove it for the procedure. After the procedure is finished, they should place their mask back on for the remainder of their time in the office.
- We request that the patient has no more than one attending adult wait with them in the reception room. Certain exceptions may apply; please contact our office.
- The use of hand sanitizer is encouraged and available at our entrance.
- Attending adults are prohibited from clinical areas due to the risk of exposure for all parties. Certain exceptions may apply; please contact our office.
- Our tooth brushing stations are currently closed, so please have the patient brush their teeth prior to their appointment.
- Each patient will be asked to rinse with mouthwash prior to their procedure.
- At the conclusion of the appointment, we will inform the patient and attending adult of what was completed at their visit.
- If the attending adult opted to wait in the car, we will call them with an update.
- Once you have been given an update, we will schedule your next appointment.
Virtual Appointments Are Available
We understand that life happens, people get sick and schedules change. No matter the reason, a virtual appointment may be the right fit for you!
Routine adjustment appointments do not always require a wire change and therefore can be done virtually. Additionally, things like retainer checks, aligner progress checks, expander checks, and evaluations of a patient’s growth and development before they have even started treatment can be done virtually! Virtual appointments start with the patient submitting pictures of their teeth. Click here for more information on scheduling your next appointment as a virtual appointment!
We Can Do This
We believe that what we do every day has a positive impact on our patients’ lives, and we look forward to not only taking care of our existing patients but also seeing new patients. We see no reason for COVID-19 to stand in the way of our ability to do our work or our patients’ desires to have beautiful, healthy smiles that they are proud of!
Please know that we are smiling behind our masks and that we are looking forward to the day when we will no longer need to exercise these precautions!
See you soon!
Dr. Kort Igel and Team