YES, We’re Open!
It goes without saying that our world has been through a lot in 2020 with the COVID-19 Pandemic!
While our “new normal” is a bit different, our mission and vision remain the same: to create beautiful, healthy smiles that last a lifetime!
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. Our infection-control processes allow you to receive orthodontic care in a safe and comfortable environment. We are committed to keeping you and your family safe.
Changes You Can Expect
- Everyone who enters our doors should bring your own mask (fabric masks are fine) to wear at your appointment. You will not be seen without a mask. You should keep your mask on until the assistant instructs you to remove it for your procedure. After the procedure is finished, you should replace your mask while the assistant finishes charting and as you walk back through our reception room to leave the office.
- The patient and ONE adult/parent can come into our reception room for the appointment. All others should remain in the car.
- The patient (and parent) will be greeted at the door and instructed to sanitize your hands.
- The patient will be asked to rinse their mouth with Peroxyl (a Colgate brand Hydrogen Peroxide).
- Our toothbrushing sinks are currently closed, so please brush your teeth before you arrive.
- At the conclusion of your appointment, we will inform the patient of what we did that day. We will also inform the attending adult. If the parent opted to wait in the car, we will call the parent with an update. If your child has a cell phone, please send them in with it, and they can call you after the appointment so we can give you an update. If your child does not have a cell phone, be sure they know the phone number you want us to call you at.
- Once you have been given an update on the day’s appointment, we will schedule your next appointment.
We Can Do This
We believe that what we do every day has a positive impact on our patients’ lives, and we look forward to not only taking care of our existing patients but also seeing new patients. We see no reason for COVID-19 to stand in the way of our ability to do our work or our patients’ desires to have beautiful, healthy smiles that they are proud of!
Virtual Appointments Are Available
We understand that some patients may not be comfortable coming to our office yet or that life is just too busy. No matter the reason, a VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT may be the right fit for you! We are here to help!
Routine adjustment appointments do not always require a wire change and therefore can be done virtually. Additionally, things like retainer checks, aligner progress checks, expander checks, and evaluating a patient’s growth and development before they have even started treatment can be done virtually! Virtual appointments start with the patient submitting pictures of their teeth. Click HERE for more information on scheduling your next appointment as a virtual appointment!
Please know that we are smiling huge smiles behind our masks and that we can’t wait for the day when these precautions are no longer necessary!
See you soon!
Dr. Kort Igel and Team