Dr. Igel and Dr. Chartrand are pleased to offer the i-CAT™ Cone Beam 3D imaging system in Omaha, Nebraska, for our orthodontic patients. With just one image, Dr. Igel is able to generate a 3D rendering of the face, teeth and jaws. The image itself is captured in 4.8 seconds.
The i-CAT 3D imaging system allows Dr. Igel and Dr. Chartrand to provide quick, comfortable, safe and effective imaging for the most precise orthodontic diagnoses possible. It also allows Dr. Igel and Dr. Chartrand to clearly visualize the teeth, roots and sinuses along with hard and soft tissues of the craniofacial structures, all of which provide for greater precision in planning and treatment choices.
The radiation dose of one i-CAT image is less than one-tenth the radiation you receive from being in the sun all day, and it is much less than the traditional digital panoramic and ceph X-rays we once used. With our i-CAT imaging, patients are able to gain a greater understanding of their own anatomy, conditions and treatment. It is also a great tool for us to communicate with the other members of the dental community, including our patient’s dentist, oral surgeon, periodontist and others.
i-CAT 3D imaging also provides data that is extremely useful for other dental treatments or diagnoses such as:
- Extra or missing teeth
- Wisdom teeth extractions
- Evaluation of impacted teeth
- Analysis of roots
- TMJ treatment
- Airway assessments and sleep apnea
Some special features our patients can receive with i-CAT imaging include:
- Ability to capture precisely accurate 3D views in a single scan.
- A safer diagnosis with a tiny fraction of the radiation used by traditional CT scanners.
- Increased comfort — patients are seated in an open environment with plenty of space.
- Dr. Igel and Dr. Chartrand can share the data with patients so that patients can stay informed and make educated decisions on their course of treatment.
- Airway assessments and sleep apnea – sleep apnea is a medical problem with an orthodontic solution.
Igel Orthodontics is proud to be one of the few orthodontic offices in Omaha to currently utilize the i-CAT imaging system. We are so excited to consistently bring new technological advances to our office, exceeding the standard of care and providing a more patient-friendly dental imaging experience. We invite you to call Igel Orthodontics at (402) 330-1152 today to make your appointment.